Falls are a leading cause of serious injuries. Fortunately, many of
these falls can be prevented. Improved Functions takes a
comprehensive, pro-active approach to reducing your risk of falling.
By working with your physician, we will:
- Discuss your personal concerns and goals
- Perform a thorough assessment of your strength and flexibility
- Perform a gait analysis and other functional tests
- Conduct a computerized balance assessment
- Assess the use of any current assistive devices
- Perform a battery of functional tests
After compiling the necessary information, we will work with you and
your physician to establish a program to Improve your Function.
Among the areas we focus on are:
- Development of your personalized strengthening and flexibility
- Balance and vestibular
- Gait and other functional activity training
- Education on home safety and exercises
- Constant re-assessment to help insure you are working toward
your achieving your goals
If you or a loved one feel unsafe on your feet, have had a fall or just
can't do the things you use to, we can help.
To make an appointment, please call our office: (630) 386-2002.